Boreham Parish Council
Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer, 21 to 25 hours per week
The salary will be on the National Joint Council for Local Government Services (NJC) salary scale LC2 30 – 35 (from £26,822 per annum, pro rata), depending on experience and qualifications.
Boreham village lies between Chelmsford City and Hatfield Peverel village. It is a thriving community with a population of just over 5000. The Parish Council represents the people that live in Boreham and has 11 councillors.
The Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to take on the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
The hours will be from 21 to 25 hours per week and includes attendance at all Parish Council meetings (full Parish Council meetings are the first Monday of every month, except August, with committees and sub-committees meeting fortnightly on a Monday evening). The position involves actioning the decisions made by the Parish Council as well as ensuring their legal and financial obligations are met.
Candidates should have bookkeeping skills, communication, IT and organisational skills. The successful applicant will either hold the CiLCA or a CertHE (Local Policy) or be willing to work towards one of these qualifications. Training will be provided.
The main duties will include:
- To arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings.
- To prepare the Agenda (in conjunction with the Chairman) and oversee the minutes of the meetings.
- To liaise with the City and County Councils, other organisations and official bodies and the public as requested.
- To manage the Parish Council’s finances and prepare the accounts for annual internal and external audit.
- To attend to correspondence and administrative tasks.
- To supervise a small team of staff: two administrative assistants, playground equipment supervisor/handyman and village attendant; and preparation of salaries including staff pensions.
- To review all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- To oversee the management of the Parish Council website.
- To maintain Parish Council files; paper and electronic.
- To arrange the Boreham Annual Parish Meeting in April of each year.
The Parish Council is sole Trustee of the Boreham Recreation Ground Charity and the Clerk would be responsible for dealing with all administration in connection with this.
Boreham Parish Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To apply for this post, or to discuss the vacancy in more detail, please contact Jackie Lane, Parish Clerk, Boreham Parish Council, Parish Office, Village Hall, Boreham, CM3 3JD, email: email@example.com, or telephone: 01245 469941.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 29 June 2017. Interviews will be held on 10 July 2017.